Friday, March 4, 2011

This one time I went to Oxford

but that's not what this is about.  I recently gave in and purchased a pair of oxfords (of the shoe variety, not a spot in a river where oxen...ford...nevermind).


I selected the Steve Madden 'Trouser' Laceless Oxford in brown.  Typically, my shoe selections tend more toward the ballet flat genre, for their simplicity and versatility (not their arch support), but I thought it might be nice to change things up a bit.  I was a bit apprehensive about the fit because, in addition to the fact that I have large feet (size 10), I also have disturbingly wide feet.  Steve Madden shoes tend to run on the narrow side, although their boots seem to fit me perfectly, so I was pleased to find that these classy kicks fit perfectly.  Casual without the laces, they'll be a nice change of pace when more hospitable weather roles around and I can break out spring clothes.

Of course, now that I have those, I find myself wanting these:  

J. Crew Langford leather high-heel oxfords

The heart wants what it wants. 

2 comments:

Collections said...

love those j. crew shoes, its one of my favorite stores.

www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

Rachael said...

I ended up with the Steve Madden oxfords! Great picks. Loving this look right now!