Friday, April 8, 2011

Vice Report: Week of 4/6/11

I am truly guilty.  I have committed a crime.  A terrible, terrible crime.  The crime of loving truly awful television.  In this case, The Secret Life of the American Teenager.

Before you condemn me, let me say that many of my favorite television shows are on hiatus, leaving me barren of much of the entertainment I use to distract myself while I do things like clean my room and avoid doing my homework.  And this show is an insane train wreck of bad acting and worse writing.  Aside from the regular cast, one of the worst bits of acting I've ever seen came courtesy of Olympic champion Shawn Johnson.  I'll let you have a minute to appreciate what you just watched. 

I did watch the show when it first started, but my interest waned as more interesting and legitimate television took over (Also, college kind of got in the way.  Learning, what a bitch.).  But it's resurgence in my life has brought so many deliciously awful moments that I can hardly tear myself away.  I'm watching an episode as I write this.  Season 3 is really going above and beyond with the absurdities.  Not only is another teenage pregnant, and keeping the baby, but Jennifer Coolidge is a regular on the show.  Allow me to share some of the highlights of what I'm experiencing.

- Josie Bissett referred to oral sex as "gateway sex."

- Molly Ringwald made a Sixteen Candles reference.

- VINCE FROM WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU JUST MADE A CAMEO AS AN OB/GYN.

- JENNIFER COOLIDGE OMFG.

I rest my case, y'all.  Go on over to Hulu, and get yourself some delicious guilty pleasure TV.  You will laugh.  You will cry.  You will be glad you don't have to live your life knowing that a performance like that won't follow you for the rest of your life like a prison record.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

:) id love to be trapped in chicago i have never been there!!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Christine Yun said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! You have such an interesting blog as well.
Please help support me by following my blog! It'd be greatly appreciated!!

-Christine
http://trendenvy.blogspot.com

Katherine said...

LOL - you've convinced me to try this show out with your hilarious post - Jennifer Coolidge alone is worth me checking it out along with "gateway sex"...omg. Have a great weekend!

Camille said...

you're right. i is an awful television show! lol
but i also haave those guilty pleasures!

sacheebombom.blog.com

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

I've never seen it, but awful tv sounds awfully pleasurable to me :D Will definitely put it in the queue, I'll letcha know how it goes, thanks for the tip...Happy Weekend hun!

xo-Julie

Haute Khuuture Blog